Bunnies, egg shakers, and a fun classical music activity.
Apr 09, 2020
We’ve got a few “treats” for you, whether or not you are celebrating Easter this week! Watch this mini-class video with your little one, and repeat the activities throughout the week (these are all easy to remember).
- Bunny Hokey Pokey -- sometimes it’s just good to get those little bodies moving, and sing something familiar with a cute twist.
- Sleeping Bunnies -- this has been one of my daughter’s favorites for a long time! What is it about pretending to go to sleep and then wake up that is so fun for little ones? Join in with your kiddos for a great workout! (Just add a plank for the “sleeping” part -- haha!)
- Shake your Shaker -- We had to include a “colorful egg” song during Easter week -- this one uses another familiar tune (London Bridge) with simple actions that you can remember easily, or come up with on your own.
- Classical Music activity suggestion -- Pick a fun “springy” classical piece from our Spring-themed playlist, hide some plastic eggs, and play the music while your kiddo finds them. Do the hunt again and again, letting your child hide the eggs sometimes too, and your child will develop a positive, fun association with the piece of music you choose!
- Extension idea (literacy): Turn this into an educational activity by filling the eggs with slips of paper with letters or numbers written on them. Have your child put them in order, to spell their name, etc.
- Extension idea (listening): Have your child fill the eggs with various small items they find around the house (think pom poms, small toys, coins, rice, etc) and then see what types of different sounds they create when you shake them. Choose your favorites, secure them with some duct tape, electrical tape, or washi tape), and use them to sing “shake your shaker” or make up your own shaker song and dance.
Are you ready to bring quality music education into your home? If you subscribe to Clap for Classics! for just $19 a month, you will receive a beautifully organized sequence of instructional videos at the beginning of each month to share with your child. We teach songs and classical music activities, similar to what you’ve seen us do here. As you and your child engage with the videos and activities throughout the month at your own pace and on your own schedule, your child will learn music fundamentals, improve language skills and concentration, and practice many other developmental skills, all while having a ton of fun. We also include printable visual aids and ideas for parents about how to adapt the activities for various ages, and how to extend the activities for an even deeper overall experience.
Right now we are offering the first month free, so that you can experience it for yourself before you invest. Use the coupon code “friend” at checkout. If you choose the yearly pre-pay option, it works out to only $16 per month and we’ll give you a month free on top of that!
Check us out at www.clapforclassics.com/monthlymusic. Give your child a rich musical beginning. Enjoy music with your child at home, without the stress of preparing your own curriculum. We’ve done the hard work for you, and we think you’ll love it!